By the end of this unit, children will be able to:
- Understand and use basic directional terms, such as left, right, up, down, forward, and backward.
- Explore and describe spatial relationships using directional language, such as near, far, beside, and between.
- Use directional language to explain the relative positions of objects in a given space.
Year 1 Geometry: Position and Direction
- Describe position, direction and movement, including whole, half, quarter and three-quarter turns.
Hear from other Members
Ok, I get the point!
Choose a membership plan for unlimited access to one year group or get extensive learning resources for the whole school.
Level 1Best for students
- Access for a single year group
Select Year Group
Level 2Best for families or teachers
- Access for multiple year groups
- Shareable content for Google classroom