By the end of this unit, children will be able to:
- Understand the distributive property and its application in expanding double brackets.
- Expand double brackets by multiplying each term in one bracket by each term in the other bracket.
- Simplify algebraic expressions obtained from expanding double brackets.
Key Stage 3: Algebra
- Simplify and manipulate algebraic expressions to maintain equivalence by:
- collecting like terms
- multiplying a single term over a bracket
- taking out common factors
- expanding products of 2 or more binomials.
Hear from other Members
Ok, I get the point!
Choose a membership plan for unlimited access to one year group or get extensive learning resources for the whole school.
Level 1Best for students
- Access for a single year group
Select Year Group
Level 2Best for families or teachers
- Access for multiple year groups
- Shareable content for Google classroom