By the end of this unit, students will be able to:
- Understand the concept of Roman numerals and their historical significance.
- Recognize and write Roman numerals up to 1,000.
- Convert between Roman numerals and standard Arabic numerals.
- Apply the concept of Roman numerals to solve real-life and mathematical problems.
Year 5 Number: Number and place value
- Read Roman numerals to 1,000 (M) and recognise years written in Roman numerals.
Hear from other Members
Ok, I get the point!
Choose a membership plan for unlimited access to one year group or get extensive learning resources for the whole school.
Level 1Best for students
- Access for a single year group
Select Year Group
Level 2Best for families or teachers
- Access for multiple year groups
- Shareable content for Google classroom