By the end of this unit, students will be able to:
- Understand the concept of negative numbers and their position on the number line.
- Compare and order negative numbers.
- Perform basic arithmetic operations involving negative numbers.
- Apply knowledge of negative numbers to real-life scenarios.
Year 6 Number: Number and place value
- Use negative numbers in context, and calculate intervals across 0.
Hear from other Members
Ok, I get the point!
Choose a membership plan for unlimited access to one year group or get extensive learning resources for the whole school.
Level 1Best for students
- Access for a single year group
Select Year Group
Level 2Best for families or teachers
- Access for multiple year groups
- Shareable content for Google classroom