By the end of this unit, students will be able to:
- Understand that a ratio shows the relationship between two values and can describe how one is related to another
- Make simple comparisons between two different quantities
- Solve problems involving the relative sizes of 2 quantities where missing values can be found
- Solve problems involving similar shapes where the scale factor is known or can be found.
Year 6 Mathematics: Ratio and proportion
- solve problems involving the relative sizes of 2 quantities where missing values can be found by using integer multiplication and division facts
- solve problems involving unequal sharing and grouping using knowledge of fractions and multiples
Hear from other teachers
Ok, I get the point!
Choose a membership plan for unlimited access to one year group or get extensive learning resources for the whole school.
Level 1Best for students
- Access for a single year group
Select Year Group
Level 2Best for families or teachers
- Access for multiple year groups
- Shareable content for Google classroom