Want an interactive Area and Perimeter math lesson for your Year 4 students that will teach them how to measure and calculate the perimeter of a rectilinear figure (including squares) in centimeters and meters?
In this 40-page fun-packed lesson, your students will be able to find the area of rectilinear shapes by counting squares. This lesson is completely interactive with drag-and-drop activities that will engage and motivate your learners!
The Area and Perimeter digital math resource contains:
- 40 interactive slides with dynamic graphics that will engage your second-grade students
- Interactive Drag and Drop activities with instant learner feedback
- Worksheets with answers included
- Differentiated questions and answers
- Can be used for Distant Learning
What learners will learn in this lesson:
- Calculate the perimeter of rectilinear shapes by counting squares on a grid
- Calculate the area of rectilinear shapes by counting squares
- Understand that rectilinear shapes are shapes where all the sides meet at right angles
- Calculate the perimeter of rectangles and squares from a given length and width, including using standard units.
- Compare two or more shapes in terms of their perimeter.
- Find the perimeter of compound shapes.
- Solve problems in context.
Like this? You might also like…
- Interpreting and Presenting Data
- Addition and Subtractions of Fractions
- Coordinates in the First Quadrants
- Measurement: Money Distance Learning
This is a single-user license. Unlimited use for you and your students. However, you may not distribute additional copies to friends or fellow teachers.
How to Open
To open this lesson you need to unzip or extract the files.
Choose index.html to view online.
This lesson can also be viewed offline.
Freebies and Discounts
Be sure to follow us if you wish to be kept up to date with discounts and freebies. New products will be offered for free on occasion or discounted 20% during the first 24 hours.
Comments…We Love ‘Em!
Your feedback brightens our day and helps us continually improve our products. If you download this, we’d appreciate it if you’d leave a comment. Thanks!