This amazing Number and Place Value Bundle for year 5 students contains all programs of study for learners from ages 9 to 10 on all aspects of number work.
What will learners gain with this Number and Place Value bundle:
- Identify the place value in large whole numbers.
- Continue to use numbers in context, including measurement.
- Extend and apply their understanding of the number system to the decimal numbers and fractions that they have met so far.
- Recognise and describe linear number sequences, including those involving fractions and decimals,
- and find the term-to-term rule in words.
- Use the formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction with increasingly large numbers to aid fluency
- Practice mental calculations with increasingly large numbers.
- Practise and extend their use of the formal written methods of short multiplication and short division.
- Apply all the multiplication tables and related division facts in calculations.
- Use and understand the terms factor, multiple and prime, square and cube numbers.
- Interpret non-integer answers to division by expressing results in different ways according to the context, including with remainders, as fractions, as decimals or by rounding.
- Multiply and divide by powers of 10
- Convert between units such as kilometres and metres.