By the end of this unit, children will be able to:
- Understand the concept of tally charts as a way to record and represent data.
- Interpret information from tally charts, including counting and calculating totals.
- Recognize and differentiate between tally marks and their corresponding quantities.
- Organize and categorize data using tally charts.
- Create tally charts to represent given data sets.
- Solve problems and answer questions based on tally chart information.
Year 2 Statistics:
- Interpret and construct simple pictograms, tally charts, block diagrams and tables.
- Ask and answer simple questions by counting the number of objects in each category and sorting the categories by quantity.
- Ask-and-answer questions about totalling and comparing categorical data.
Hear from other Members
Ok, I get the point!
Choose a membership plan for unlimited access to one year group or get extensive learning resources for the whole school.
Level 1Best for students
- Access for a single year group
Select Year Group
Level 2Best for families or teachers
- Access for multiple year groups
- Shareable content for Google classroom