Sine and Cosine Rule is a completely interactive lesson designed to teach GCSE learners how to use the sine and cosine rules to find unknown sides and angles
- use the sine rule to find unknown sides and angles;
- use the cosine rule to find unknown sides and angles;
- explain and use the relationship between the sine and cosine of complementary angles;
- use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems
- combine trigonometric skills to solve problems;
- derive the formula A = 1/2 ab sin© for the area of a triangle by drawing an auxiliary line from a vertex perpendicular to the opposite side.
- prove the Laws of Sines and Cosines and use them to solve problems;
- understand and apply the Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines to find unknown measurements in right and non-right triangles.
What is in the lesson:
- 39 interactive slides;
- drag and drop activities with instant learner feedback;
- differentiated questions as well as answers
- printable worksheets
Teachers can use this lesson for whole-class teaching. It can also be used for practice and revision by learners at home.
What this lesson can be used for:
- Teacher-led question and answer session
- Skill consolidation
- Google classroom
- Revision, practice, home learning
- Flashcards and Worksheets can be printed, laminated to be used as many times as possible.
- Starter activity and/or plenary
This is a single-user license. Unlimited use for you and your students. However, you may not distribute additional copies to friends or fellow teachers.
Freebies and Discounts:
Be sure to follow us if you wish to be kept up to date with discounts and freebies. New products will be offered for free on occasion or discounted 20% during the first 24 hours.
Comments…We Love ‘Em!
Your feedback brightens our day and helps us continually improve our products. If you download this, we’d appreciate it if you’d leave a comment. Thanks!