Adding and subtracting fractions is a completely interactive year 6 maths lesson.
In this lesson, learners will to:
- add and subtract fractions with different denominators and mixed numbers, using the concept of equivalent fractions
This lesson follows the National curriculum requirement for year 6 mathematics
Teachers can use the lesson for whole-class teaching and learners can also use it at home.
The lesson contains:
- lots of drag and drop independent activities as well as instant learner feedback.
- differentiated fraction worksheets with answers.
- starter activities on adding and subtracting with the same denominators, that will consolidate previous learning or can be used as an icebreaker.
- use of dynamic graphics that will engage and motivate learners.
Please leave a review if you find our resources helpful and be sure to follow us if you wish to be kept up to date with when we upload new and exciting resources.