This is a year 2 lesson on position and direction.
In this lesson, learners will learn how to:
- use mathematical vocabulary to describe position, direction and movement;
- distinguishing between rotation as a turn and in terms of right angles for quarter, half and three-quarter turns;
- understand clockwise and anti-clockwise; and
- locate objects on a grid.
This lesson is designed for teachers who want to use it for whole class teaching and as well as for learners.
Lots of drag and drop activities and worksheets with instant learner feedback.
To access online choose the index.html file.
More Year 2 Geometry Topics:
- 2D Shapes
- 3D Shapes
- Patterns and sequence
- Buy these amazing resources as part of the geometry bundle and save 20%.
Other KS1 Maths Topics for Year 2:
- Reading Calendar and Dates
- Measuring Lengths
- Measuring Weights
- Tables and Tally Charts
- Carrol and Venn Diagrams
- Ordering Numbers
Subscribe to Skoolmaths to get unlimited access to these amazing year 2 resources.
Please leave a review if you find our resources helpful and be sure to sign up for our newsletter if you wish to be kept up to date with when we upload new and exciting resources.